Mahindra has recently revealed two new concepts – the Thar.e and the Scorpio-N Pik Up at an event in South Africa. Adding to it, the company has revealed key details about its upcoming electric vehicles. Mahindra has confirmed that its first EV based on Born-EV platform will be launched by December 2024. The Mahindra Scorpio-N based Pik Up concept previews the brand’s future Global Pik Up.
– The new Pik Up comes with unique styling, unlike any other Mahindra on sale in India. However, it still shares some of the styling cues from the Scorpio-N. It gets LED headlights with re-styled LED daytime running lamps, a newly styled grille, and completely new rugged bumper.
– The rear has an opening gate to access the payload area for luggage. The gate has ‘Mahindra’ lettering and vertically stacked LED tail-lights.
– The cabin layout of the concept appears largely identical to the SUV sibling, except for the few changes.
– It comes with an all-black interior scheme with contrasting red stitching. As a reminder, the Scorpio-N gets dual-tone black and brown interior scheme. The door and grab handles are finished in piano black.
– The Scorpio-N Pik Up comes fitted with advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) that’s not offered in the SUV. However, the Scorpio-N SUV is also reportedly to get ADAS tech in near future.
– In terms of features, the Pik Up gets 5G Connectivity, a single-pane sunroof, multiple airbags, driver drowsiness detection, a touchscreen infotainment screen with connectivity options, a multi-functional steering wheel and others.
– The Global Pik Up gets the same 2.2L turbo diesel engine that powers the Scorpio-N. The company hasn’t revealed the technical details; however, it gets a 4-wheel drivetrain as standard. In the SUV, the diesel engine is offered in two states of tune – 132PS/300Nm & 175PS/400Nm. Transmission choices include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic.
– The Pik Up comes with extreme off-roading bits such as increased ground clearance, off-road specific alloy wheels, a snorkel on the driver side of the A-pillar, a roof rack with LED lights, a winch-attachment in the front bumper side steps, silver side moulding and tow hooks in both the bumpers.